Please log in and join the fun, if you are having problems please email:
info@problemparrots.co.uk

Herrow!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Herrow!

Post by Miramis on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:06 pm

*waves to all and smiles shyly to familiar names*

Hi there everyone Smile

Time to step out of the lurking shadows I presume, and say HI officially! Name's Nina and I moved here from Sweden nearly 2 years ago, to live with my fiance Richard. We're getting married in October this year, so I guess you're stuck with me around for a while Wink

I've always had pets around me, ranging from dogs, cats, guinea pigs etc as a child, to horses, more cats and dogs (mostely rescues), budgies and cockatiels, and even a snake made it in, as an adult. The move over here left me pet-less but it wasnt long until we got an all clear from our landlord to keep parrots. I was looking to get a new tiel, but after a visit to a horrid pet store, we came home with an almost year old Senegal, which we named Sazu. He turned out to have a fling for my fiance, and it wasnt long until he proposed properly. Since then, I can not be in the same room as them when Sazu is out, or I'll get the bruise and bloodshed to remind me of my place, lol! We get along otherwise though, he tolerates me to clean the cage and feed him at least Razz

I started looking into maybe getting another parrot, and possiboy adopt, and found a rescue that quickly convinced me to "Safehouse" instead, and it's on that path I am today. I have two amazing orange wings here that has tought me loads already, and I love them dearly. They have just found new homes and will be leaving me soon, which has given me quite a few sleepless nights, its MY BABIES!! (lol) Well ok I know its not but... after spending 4 months with them and seeing them blossom, its hard, but well worth it either way, even if the pain is hard to take sometimes.

My knowledge is limited to say the least, its nearly 20 years since I had parrots last, and things has moved on. I've learned so much in the past months, but realise I have a TON still to learn. And as it is, you'll never be fully learned anyways, but I would love to become more involved with parrots and learn so much more, and help where I can.

We're staying in a bungalow so a bit of space and no complaining neighbours, but unfortunately I have no access to a car. (You mad people drive on the wrong side of the roads anyways!! tongue ) I am at home all day so have plenty of time however. Im also quite good with computers and internet, so can help with paperwork or similar if needed/wanted.

Well thats a bit about me I suppose, hope to see you all around Smile

Oh, I am living in Smallfield, Surrey. I know that doesnt make me a midlander, but maybe you'll need some help down this way eventually! Very Happy

/Nina

Last edited by Miramis on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Ive tried, but the remaining spelling errors you find, you can keep! ;))
Miramis

Back to top Go down

Re: Herrow!

Post by diane on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Welcome to the forum we need photos of Sazu have a go in the photo of the month the winner goes on the main website home page Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by margy on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi Nina Laughing

Any galah's yet? Rolling Eyes

margy
very chatty
very chatty

Back to top Go down

Post by hollie on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi Nina! We have the same situation with our sennie Jack, he loves me but hates my fella. And most other people, but he reserves the deep hatred for Ash Smile Poor Jack, I tell him he's just misunderstood. He, of course, agrees. Its funny how you get bit by the bug and suddenly parrotlike seems to take over a good part of your life!

very chatty
very chatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Di T on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi Nina, great to have another Sennie owner (I have 3 of the darlings as well as other birdies) cheers

Have you looked at the 'sister' site to this one www.parrotreferralandrehoming.yolasite.com you may even be able to offer a bird a home from there??
Di T
very chatty
very chatty

Back to top Go down

Post by steve75 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:51 pm

Hi Nina and welcome

Youll love it here we all learn from each other and are really good friends!

www.problemparrots.co.uk
steve75
very chatty
very chatty

http://www.problemparrots.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Hello Nina

Welcome to the forum! Smile
Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by JusDave on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi & Welcome! Smile

JusDave

Back to top Go down

Post by Miramis on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:39 am

Thank you all for your welcomes! Smile

Margy: LOL no... Still looking to get one next year Wink Had a look at yours though, at your photobucket, they sure are gorgeus!!

Di T: Thanks for the link, but that page doesn't exist apparently Sad

/Nina
Miramis

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlett on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:40 am

Hi Nina,
Great to see you on here, we`ve spoken on the phone before, late one Saturday evening I think! Lol
I`m so glad life is working out for you and you`re managing to start another animal family.

Scarlett xx

Harlequins Diesel and River
Scarlets Maxwell and Molly

www.scarlettsparrotessentials.co.uk
Scarlett

http://www.scarlettsparrotessentials.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Miramis on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:51 am

Indeed Scarlett, I believe we came up with the brill idea of converting a campervan into a birdroom on wheels to take with you wherever you go! Your next big sale idea I think xD We had a good laugh that night as I had Richard running in and out to measure the boot of the car, to know how big travel cage to buy, hehe.

And thank you, I miss my pets dearly (Had an old german shepherd and a cat when I moved, but spared them the drama of a move at their age, and they are enjoying the beautiful countryside at my mums these days Smile ) so it is lovely to have animals around me again. And as Hollie said, I was "bitten by the parrot bug" ages ago, and am so pleased to be bitten (errr.. Literally) again!! Lol.

/Nina

Last edited by Miramis on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Shouldn't try and type before coffee :s)
Miramis

Back to top Go down

Post by **SHELL** on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:58 am

Hi nina,
Was very nice to talk to you the other day by email Smile
Like i say i have many exciting things planned for pp so please stick around and im sure i will need your help in the close furture Smile
In the mean time like what has been said already, we are a very friendly and mad bunch who love to learn from each other so please stick around and get use to the site Smile

very chatty
very chatty

http://www.problemparrots.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotmum on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:15 am

nina we love pic's

very chatty

Back to top Go down

Post by te-parrots on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:05 pm

hi welcome Smile

My Facebook page
te-parrots

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fussy-Pets/132586786770524?ref=sgm

Back to top Go down

Post by ann on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:42 am

Welcome Nina, hope you have some birds to call your own soon. Very Happy Once they decide who they are bonding with there is not a lot you can do about it is there? Hope your fiance does not mind being "the one".
I am owned and manipulated by two African Greys, a timneh Grey, Macaw and a blue fronted Amazon.
Having quite a mixture makes for an interesting life! Look forward to hearing lots from you in the future. Good luck.
ann

Back to top Go down

Post by Miramis on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Thank you welshanne Smile

And Sazu is "mine" even if I cant cuddle him, I love the little bugger Very Happy And Richard just loves Sazu and they have tons of special time together, he doesnt mind one bit, he was just surprised I think.. lol!

I had a wonderful time safehousing two orange wings, and they both bonded to me and didnt want anything to do with Richard, so I got my revenge and tons of cuddles from them ^^ Razz

Love greys and at one point there most likely will be one added to the flock, also a Galah eventually! I adore the Macaws but they scare me... lol Embarassed
Miramis

Back to top Go down

Post by ann on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:14 pm

Our macaw is a hybrid and a beautiful half Patagonian and half blue and Gold but a lovely character.
Our Blue fronted amazon is something else and hates the sight of me usually. I have to be out of the room while he has his free time out or he would attack me. Does not mind me scivvying for him and giving him his food and showers though!
My eldest Grey 11yrs is a huge talker and does the most damage, Scooby the other Grey in comparison is very laid back and also talks.
Rambo the timneh Grey has bonded with our son who lives in a flat in our roof space.They spend all their free time together up there.All Rambo says is "hullo".
ann

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum