Problem Parrots Welfare organisation
Please log in and join the fun, if you are having problems please email:
info@problemparrots.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in and join the fun, if you are having problems please email:
info@problemparrots.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello

4 posters

Go down

Hello  Empty Hello

Post by kanundra Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:26 pm

Hey there,

Been kinda hanging out the facebook page and then hubby goes, wonder if they have a website. Duhhh! so here I am.

We have Bobby a wonderful IRN who we took in 18mths ago as a friend didn't want him anymore. He was terrified of me at first, but now he'll do anything, with the right training.

Then meet our new addition. 3 almost 4 weeks into the flock with Bobby who wouldn't leave her alone. Female IRN, called Cora. They've become almost inseparable from like the first escape (ninga style how he got out and in her room, I'll never know)

Cora is a rescue from here, and one that I have every intention of adopting, don't get a choice really Bobby's in love.

So that's me, I have 1 cat, 18 years old. 30 koi, and a hubby Smile

kanundra

Back to top Go down

Hello  Empty Re: Hello

Post by Di T Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi Welcome from me.

I don't do FB so am always hanging around on here, look in a couple of times daily.

Lovely to hear about Bobby and Cora . Do they share a cage?
A lot of folk find IRNs noisy, how's that with you.
Can we see some photos of them.

Di
Di T
Di T
very chatty
very chatty

Back to top Go down

Post by kanundra Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:08 pm

Hello Di, thanks for the welcome.

Not too sure how to put pics up. ? No they don't share a cage, we tried really hard to keep them in QT but it just wasn't working, within a week Bobby'd got in three times to see her, we live in a bungalow with no doors.

She's not been unfriendly, but she's nervous of hands and won't step up, she's good at going back in her cage for food and will follow Bobby anywhere.

I had to adapt my livingroom for the extra cage, which isn't ideal, it's 8ft, by 10ft, and we have a 6ft couch, lol

kanundra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasuku Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:23 pm

Hiya, welcome to the forum.  I'm like Di, don't do facebook but pop in here during the day and evening, well should say whenever I'm by the computer I kinda check in.

Bobby and Cora sound wonderful, how sweet that they've found each other through you.  I'm sure you'll get round Cora in the end, it's just time isn't it!  I have a little rescue Timneh that will not step up, she's been here 5 years and 17+ (we don't know how many more) years old.  But she loves to be tickled and fussed, especially when she's hanging upside down outside her cage rattling chains for attention.

I think most of us know the score, move out the furniture, move in the cages.  Wouldn't have it any other way.

So glad you joined us.

Sue
Kasuku
Kasuku

Back to top Go down

Post by Di T Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:25 pm

That made me smile we all seem to remove pieces of furniture to accommodate cages etc.
You can put photos into Photobucket ( you can join that for free) then copy to the forum by selecting the IMG option.
That's how I do it but I expect there are other ways too.

Di T
Di T
very chatty
very chatty

Back to top Go down

Post by kanundra Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:30 pm

Aww thanks, your Timneh sounds lovely too. We had an African Grey in for a while then two amazons, now we've got Cora, but she's staying Smile was really hard to say bye to one of the zon's he adored me.

kanundra

Back to top Go down

Post by kanundra Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:59 pm

Oh its saying I need to wait 7 days, lol but I created a photo bucket account, uploading now.

Testing Smile

kanundra

Back to top Go down

Post by Di T Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Well we shall see photos in due course then!
Di T
Di T
very chatty
very chatty

Back to top Go down

Post by parrotmum Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:48 pm

Hello and welcome not been around much myself latley but hope to get back up to scratch and join in more.
parrotmum
parrotmum
very chatty
very chatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum